It’s raining today in Buenos Aires. Actually, the rain woke
me up last night. I could hear it pouring for a few minutes. I guess I’m on the
top floor although I think there are only two floors. This building is really
interesting. You enter from the street and walk down a long hallway flanked by
apartment doors. After opening my door, I immediately have to walk up a flight of
steps. I surmise that the apartment next to me is actually on ground level.
There’s a good amount of light, especially in the kitchen. Not so much light in
the small living room. But there is no view. The windows all have views of
central air shafts. The big window wall actually has a small balcony with plants.
This is nice so that I don’t have to look down on the apartment opposite and
below. Also, I can see birds flying around. I went out this morning to stock up
on a few more basic items: medialunas and alfajores. Really, can one live
without these in Buenos Aires?
I’m meeting María Rosa for lunch today and I’ll probably
take the subte since it’s raining and because it’s not too close. Actually, I
realized that this might be the first time it’s actually rained while I’ve ever
stayed in Buenos Aires. I purposefully decided not to bring an umbrella with me
on this trip because I could never remember having used one. Guess I was wrong.
In any case, umbrellas just get in the way. Well, I just checked the weather
forecast and it looks like it will probably be rainy all day today. Tomorrow it
should clear up. That’s good because I want to go to Recoleta Cemetery tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment